Future clawback = past slippage !?
- Suppose three tasks are expected to take two weeks each.
(Six weeks in all.)
- In fact task A takes three weeks. Will tasks B and C be shorter
or longer than originally expected?
- Why then do we always think we can make up for lost time?
- If early tasks in a project over-run, logically we should expect
the rest of the tasks to over-run too.
Analyse actual performance
Record it for future use
Activities must be measurable
Activities must be short in duration
Reporting intervals must be frequent
- The sooner we know jobs are running late the better
The ninety-ninety rule of schedules
The first 90% of the task takes 90% of the time
The last 10% of the task takes the other 90% of the time
Progress monitoring links
Earned Value Analysis as a monitoring technique