Rules and checklists
Right- and left-handed rule sets
Consider how hard it is to devise a checklist for an everyday activity
- Are all the checks of equal importance?
- Should you try to make it comprehensive, at the risk of making it unwieldy?
- Are some checks more difficult to carry out than others?
- Are the checks in a practical sequence?
- What does "check" really mean?
- Does the checklist explain what you should do when a check fails?
- How different should an airline pilot's checklist be from a car driver's? Why?